Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hello! The Name's Griller, The Grateful Griller And This Is My Partner, K




Hello grillers all across this grate globe!

I hope that all of you enjoyed plenty of holiday cheer and fab times over the last few weeks with family and friends! I also hope that your grilling games have reached new heights as you all become one with your kamado's!  As I enjoyed plenty of grilling time over the holidays with those who matter most to me, I took advantage of taking it pretty easy and giving myself a chance to reflect on the year about to close and my aspirations for a new dawn and year about to begin!  I love winter in Canada because first off, I am a passionate and all around skier, meaning, I don't simply alpine ski but I cross country ski and telemark ski, the oldest of the techniques brought over to our continent a zillion years ago by the Norse at least I think it was the Norse anyways! LOL!


For me winter is a real time of rest, a time to think and lose myself in my own thoughts as I carve turns into snow or traverse across white landscapes for miles, its truly a time of meditation I guess to ponder what's to come and what's past me by. As funny as it may seem my best idea's about the summer grilling season come to me in the dead of winter and usually while I'm on skiis! It must be the sub zero air or the conifers draped in snow as if someone had gone mad with multiple bags of icing sugar or perhaps its just the silence at certain points of the days that enable me the chance to think. Whatever it is, I love it and I get huge amounts of inspiration from it!

 Today, I love it when I get a call or email from a potential client who doesn't know me from Adam and wants to know and understand what "The Grateful Griller Party Experience" is about and what I can provide in order to make their party a massive success! I love these calls and enquiries because the majority of people think they are hiring a simple caterer but in reality The Grateful Griller and the "party" experience is far more than a catering service and here's why.

2011 marks almost ten years that I have honed my skills at cooking/grilling with the kamado cooker and over these years so much has transpired and I have literally gone from being a one man retailer of the kamado cooker to now being what I call a food entertainment meets marketing vehicle for the kamado cooker itself. You see, when you hire me, The Grateful Griller that is, you are hiring the most passionate and informed personality in Canada currently and perhaps North America on this type of cooker and the great food that comes off these kamado's for you and your guest's is guaranteed to be delicious or your money back! The Grateful Griller Party Experience is also about a totally out of the box way of introducing my clients and their guests to this cooking medium and a way to inspire and educate the masses on these fantastic earthen vessels and a truly amazing lifestyle that revolves around food, family and friends and with the right tunes the mood is set!


As this post title suggests most people today know me as the "griller" and my business partner per say is the kamado or "k" for short. Sounds crazy but trust me friends there's certain method to my grilling madness and much like the Green Hornet had Kato by his side, I feel fortunate, to say the least, about having the kamado by my side for all my parties, big and small! My parties are presented "tapas" style and start with delicious appetizer's followed by one or two main courses, mouth watering sides and desserts that you would never imagine tasting so good after being smoke infused but then again this is The Grateful Griller  Party Experience people!

In 2011 The Grateful Griller Party Experience has added and connected with some awesome local artists and business's that are service driven  to add that much more to your party! From cutting edge photography, to floral arrangements, marquis tents and integrated music of your choice we have it all at our finger tips to take your party higher!

I get asked from time to time who and what inspires me and drives me so hard to continue telling my kamado tales and throwing down these unique parties and surprisingly enough, its not any one particular celeb chef or bbq pitmaster. No, for me friends its artists like Greg Stump, (80's ski movie director, visionary and icon)  and Guy Laliberte, (visionary and Cirque de Soleil founder) who leave me breathless with their talents and always have. Both men didn't create their particular genres or re-invent the wheel but they certainly modified the tread patterns for those tires on those wheels and got down right sticky with their art and inspired millions of people around the globe!

I hope to do the same thing with the kamado cooker and The Grateful Griller Party Experience and let's just say the "griller's" modifying his own tread pattern in 2011 and wants to inspire and share it with the world at large! Want a party? Get in touch for pricing details and until next time, feed those fires friends and the desire to take your kamado grilling games higher!!!!!!!!!

The next few lines were inspired by Van Halen and some 3am random dancing to "unchained"! Lucky for me I didn't wake the house! LOL!!! Grill on, just grill on!!!!!





Unchained Kamado Man!


Non stop talker, 24/7 rocker!
Unchained and blazing while my friends are grazing on decks across this land.
To party, to savour all the smoky flavors that come off your grill "k"!
This ain't love its obsession over my prized possession.
Unchained, and I've hit the road running like a "GTO" on fire watchin the smoke and flames rise higher as their plumes resemble church spires that evaporate into the night sky leaving us breathless over their beauty!


Unchained and untamed I know this ain't about fame but fortune for all to pay it forward!
A chance to show the world how awesome this lifestyle can be "k"!
Head spinning and faces grinning once under this kamado spell one feels the urge to say to hell with the fast lane and the pain, its enough to drive anyone insane!


Let's refrain from the daily rant and instead start to chant as we summon the ancient grilling gods around our global fire ring and sing the praises of the great kamado!
Like grilling spartans dawning our tartans for all the world to see, feel, taste and experience!
Come one and come all and join our grilling tribe and tap into this vibe for now, forever!!!!!!!!!



No comments: